Forms & Permits

Listed below is some information and downloadable copies of Form and Permit Applications that are required.

The Richlandtown Borough Code of Ordinances are available online.  In addition, printed copies of the Zoning Ordinance book and/or The Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance (SALDO) book may be purchased for $25.00 each. They are available by contacting the Borough Office.

Zoning Map

Here is a copy of the Zoning Map of Richlandtown Borough.

Fee Schedule

Please reference the Fee Schedule as payment must accompany any application that is submitted to the Borough. Please contact the Borough Office with any questions.

Building Permit

A Building Permit is REQUIRED for all new construction, demolition, moving of any structure and renovation within the Borough – including a deck and/or shed.  This permit must be obtained and properly displayed BEFORE any work is started.

Conditional Use Hearing

A Conditional Use Application is REQUIRED for all land development applicants seeking a waiver of the terms as stated in the Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance (SALDO), with negotiated conditions.

Solicitation Permit

A Solicitation Permit is REQUIRED for any transient retail operations throughout the Borough.  This type of permit must be obtained BEFORE beginning this type of retail operation.


Tenant ID Form

A Tenant ID Form is REQUIRED to be completed by the landlord for each rental property in the Borough for all rental units that contain tenants over 18 years of age.  It is the sole responsibility of the landlord to notify the Borough of the identities of all new tenants within 10 days of the execution of the lease (written or oral). Failure to comply with the terms of Borough Ordinance #194 will result in a $500.00 fine.

Use & Occupancy Permit

Please read Ordinance 269  regarding the condition of any sidewalks adjoining your property.  This ordinance will be strictly enforced with resale use and occupancy inspections.  No permanent U&O permit will be issued until any repairs that may be required are completed and inspected by Borough Code Official.

Use and Occupancy Permit

Zoning Permit

A Zoning Permit is REQUIRED for the installation or construction of any accessory structure, such as an:  accessory apartment, addition, deck, fence, home occupation, pool, roof, shed, sign, temporary storage, etc.

In addition to completing the Zoning Permit application, the applicant is required to provide a drawing of where the proposed structure will be placed. This drawing must also indicate the neighboring lots and existing structures, provide lot measurements of the structure and setbacks on the property and include a deed description indicating the lot lines, setbacks and easements.

Any application that is submitted without this supplemental information will not be processed until all requirement are completed.  In addition, it will delay the permitting process.

Zoning Hearing Variance

A Variance Application is REQUIRED to request a hearing for all uses seeking relief from the terms of the Zoning Ordinance.